The registration process for LDSSingles.com is incredibly simple and can be completed in a few minutes, especially if you don’t complete your profile until you have accessed the main site. To register you must:
1. Go to LDSSingles.com through your favourite internet browser.
2. Once there you can either decide to join using your Facebook account or through email.
3. You will then be asked to fill out a form with some basic details about yourself including your ZIP/postal code.
4. You will then be asked to upload one photo of yourself, at least, which can be taken from your device or from Facebook. (You can still take a photo from Facebook even if you have decided to join through your email).
5. Then you must choose a display name. You can simply use your first name or be slightly creative and come up with a different one to display.
6. Afterwards, you will fill out a few details that’ll help you match with other singles, from your height to level of education.
7. Then you will be brought to an about me box which you can fill out later.
8. You will then be taken to the interests’ part of the form which can also be filled out later if you desire.
9. Then you need to decide what kind of singles you’re searching for, this can also be skipped until later but may limit your browsing options.
10. Then you have a completed profile!
Profile creation on LDSSingles.com is incredibly simple, but also limited in many aspects. Most of the information you provide on the platform can be created while registering for the site. The things you can put on your account include:
Profile picture and other pictures
About You Box
Whether You Want Children
Willingness to Relocate
Level of Education/College
Where You Grew Up
Perfect First Date
Although LDSSingles.com only has one type of subscription, there are multiple options for payment. Plus, there are a few features you have access to without having to pay the subscription fees which include:
Free Account Features:
Ability to Browse Through Profiles
Send Smiles to Profiles
Send Replies to Messages from Subscription Payers
Three Matches Every Day
Look at Profile Information
Subscription Plan Features:
Access Photos: Gain access to all the photos on someone’s profile instead of just the main one they have chosen for their account.
Messaging: Send and receive messages from other paid subscribers.
Messaging+: Send messages that can be read and replied to by members regardless of their subscription package.
Read Receipts: Know when and if someone has read your messages.
Liked You: See which other users have liked your profile.
Viewed You: See which users have been visiting your profile.
Profile Display Controls: Hide your online status and profile from Browse & Matches.
Browse Anonymously: Browse through other users’ profiles without it flagging up to them. (Only applicable if the other users have a paid subscription).
Pricing for Premium Plan:
There are a few options for this service, so it depends whether you want to spend more money, but only commit to the service for one month. Or, spend less on a month by month basis but be tied in for longer, the options include:
One Month Tie-In at $49.99 for the month.
Three Month Tie-In at $39.99 per month.
Six Month Tie-In at $24.99 per month.
These subscription options are automatically set to auto-renew once the period you’re paying for has come to an end.
As stated before, there are virtually no search options available either to free account holders of subscription users of this service. You cannot search by username, search by mobile or search by city. You will be asked to put in a postcode and singles will come up from your area, but you cannot specifically search for men and women within that area.
Furthermore, you’re limited to what profiles come up and cannot search for new people based on interests or romantic/lifestyle ambitions either.
How Do I End My Subscription to LDSSingles.com?
If you have bought a subscription and wish to end it – for whatever reason – then going back to a free account is incredibly easy, simply:
1. Click your profile icon at the top right-hand corner of the page – or the three dashes if you’re using the app – and select account settings.
2. Select manage subscriptions from the page you have been taken to.
3. Select Stop Subscription, this will prevent any future billing.
4. Then, select your reason for ending your subscription, press continue and select “Stop Subscription”.
Deleting your account is incredibly simple on LDSSingles.com and the options are easy to find – unlike many other sites who try to hide it to try and prevent you from leaving. If you’re looking to permanently delete your account then all you need to do is:
1. Click your profile icon in the upper right-hand corner – or the three dashes if you’re using the app – and select account settings.
2. On the page it brings up, look for profile display settings and select that option.
3. From there, click the button that states “Permanently Delete Profile”.
4. Select the option that applies to your reason for leaving the site and click below on the button that states “‘Permanently Delete Profile”.
A dating site, such as LDSSingles.com, is completely dependent on the specialist dating community in your area to be thriving. It is likely that if you live in a quieter area, then you’re less likely to find many people to connect with. That doesn’t mean there aren’t viable singles online and you should always have a look around, especially when you can begin to get a sense for your LDS community online without committing to the subscription. Be wiling to try new things and if you’re using this site, then play around with some of the preferences and features as you may be able to find someone simply through toggling through the various options. All in all, it is a good, basic site that exposes you to a niche dating community, but I would say that you have to look at how active the community is online in your area before committing to the subscription.